The Union Church in Waban is an interdenominational church in the Congregational tradition. We invite you to a community that is:
Spiritually Inclusive: Whether you are sure in your belief or surely do not know what to believe, you will be at home here, as together we learn how to love kindness, do justice and walk humbly with our God.
- Weekly Bible Study and Prayer Group in addition to several other faith formation opportunities.
- Worship respectful of all faith traditions – Sundays at 10:00 a.m
Child-Cherishing: Children join in the first part of worship before transitioning to Sunday School which uses creative resources for hands-on, multi-sensory Biblical exploration.
- Professional infant and toddler care is offered.
- We offer a Youth Group for middle and high school students, and a faith and fellowship group for 4th and 5th graders.
Mission and Outreach Minded: We offer varied local educational and service offerings that deepen our understanding of God’s call for justice and peace. We partner with Cradles to Crayons, Waban Health, Common Cathedral, and the Russell School in Boston.
- Inter-generational outreach projects include a bi-annual trip to Nicaragua during February school vacation.
Fully Accessible and Welcoming of All: We are committed to nurturing our life together through many fellowship opportunities including lunch gatherings, all-church picnics, men’s fellowship, women’s group, book group, game nights, and much more. We invite all to participate in our choir.
The Union Church is a Welcoming and Affirming Congregation.
Join us at 10:00 a.m. on Sundays for Worship Service.
We are located at 14 Collins Road, located in the heart of the Newton village of Waban on the MBTA Green Line. For directions and a map click here.
The Union Church in Waban is affiliated with the United Church of Christ.
Come share in this vibrant community of faith!
-The Reverend Stacy Swain