As we shared in our notice to the congregation, we’ve made the difficult but faithful decision not to gather in person for the next few weeks, and instead to worship and gather together online and in other ways. While we may not see one another in person for a while, we are powerfully connected by the Spirit, and do not need to feel alone. We are walking this path together, arm-in-arm with one another and always with God.
If there is any sunny side to this street (like the old song says), it may be that we get to explore new ways of being community; staying connected and praying for one another; helping each other and our community; and deepening the spiritual practices in our families and homes. For us to be community in this new way, and make sure none of our members becomes isolated or disconnected, we’ll need everyone’s help trying out these new ways of being church!
We’ll be doing this in many ways, with our live-stream of worship, new web-pages and blog, phone calls, check-ins and more. For those of you who are on Facebook, we have also created a new group, where we can share resources, updates, prayers, and other ways to support one another. If you are a Facebook user, we hope you’ll join by clicking this link:
- UCW Connecting Across Generations Facebook Group
- WellSpring Women’s Group meets via Zoom, tomorrow, Wednesday the 18th at 6:30 p.m. Connection information HERE; Meeting ID: 104 478 188; Password: 000683
Pastoral Care and Connection in these challenging times
- Pastors Amy and Stacy and ministerial intern Jade are here for us and are ready to support us in whatever way they can. Please do not hesitate to reach out. This week Stacy also started a daily 3pm Tea Time with Stacy, and Amy started a weekly Kids Connect & Storytime on Thursdays at 11am.
- Phone Tree and Deacons – In addition, our deacons are ever mindful of the needs of our congregation and are ready to respond as needed. This week we have started a phone tree, pairing members of our congregation together for regular check-ins and to provide assistance with groceries and any other needs that arise.
- Pen-Pals and Buddies – Our kids are eager to connect across generations too! Many have stepped up this week to offer to be pen-pal buddies with others in the congregation, sending art and connecting in other ways. Whether you are 2yrs old or 92yrs old, please let Pastor Amy know if you are willing to be a buddy!
- Social Media – If you are a Facebook user, please continue to check-in on Facebook and join our new Facebook group – UCW Connecting Across Generations Facebook Group
- UCW Small-Group Ministries and Meetings on Zoom – Our small groups continue to gather, including our Bible studies, book group, Well-Spring women’s group and so many more. For a full listing of all the groups gathering each week, and their Zoom links and information, please VISIT THIS PAGE (CLICK HERE).
- Tea Time with Stacy – Stacy invites anyone who would like to drop by via Zoom at 3:00. Bring a poem you are enjoying or a reflection you have and let’s spend a bit of time together. Go Here or visit the online meeting information tab on our homepage of the website.