April 12th – 6:07 a.m.
This year, since we are not able to gather physically, we invite you to rise with the sun and participate individually in the shared liturgy below.
Following please find recordings of poetry and music from members of the UCW community, as well as photographs, that can accompany you as you welcome Easter morning.
Please note: we have also created a public Google file of all the recordings below, in case it is easier to access and download them onto your phone or other device as you wander somewhere beautiful to watch the sunrise. You can link to that file by CLICKING HERE. You can also link to a public Google Doc with all links and words, by CLICKING HERE.
Christ the Lord is Risen Today
We invite you to sing along or just listen to a recording of this beloved Easter hymn recorded by Union Church members Lisa Crockett, and James and Laura Cooke. The photograph here is of sunrise over Hainan Island, China, taken by Frank Laski.
Please CLICK HERE for the hymn
1 “Christ the Lord is risen today!” Alleluia!
All creation, join to say: Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high; Alleluia!
Sing, O heavens, and earth reply, Alleluia!
2 Love’s redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won; Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids Him rise; Alleluia!
Christ has opened paradise. Alleluia!
3 Lives again our glorious King; Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now your sting? Alleluia!
Jesus died, our souls to save; Alleluia!
Where your victory, O grave? Alleluia!
In times like these, we turn to the poets for words, images, truth and beauty. Union Church member Tom Vawter has shared the gift of poetry with us at many church retreats, worship services and gatherings, and offers the following poems for our Easter morning (photo here taken by Tom at Good Harbor Beach). For the words of these poems CLICK HERE. For recordings of Tom reading these poems, click on the titles below:
Praise & Prayer
As you watch the sun rise over the horizon and a new day come, listen to the birds share their praise! If you are in your home, listen for the sounds of life and the new day (the photo here was taken in Newton by Frank Laski). Perhaps close your time with this prayer of praise, shared by Union Church member Brita Gill-Austern.
Link to a Google Photo Album (and see photos below), of favorite photos Frank Laski, Liz Caronna, and Tom Vawter have taken and shared of the sunrise. You are invited to add photos to this album that you have taken of sunrises (or take this Easter Sunrise!), or of signs of New Life, Hope or Love you are seeing during this Eastertide. LINK TO THE PHOTO ALBUM HERE: https://photos.app.goo.gl/LkmwMTNGYxMgZ7fV7
April 12 – 10:00 a.m.
Words of Instruction
- We will gather on zoom. To enter into worship go HERE.
- This Worship Zoom will open at 9:45 a.m. We encourage you to come a bit before 10:00 a.m. to make sure you can log in without any problems.
- Link: https://zoom.us/j/347048640?pwd=WUlpamlnTU0reWNrSDFwenZOWXNLdz09
- Meeting ID: 347-048-640#
- Password: 818552
- Call in Number: +1 646 558 8656.
Words of Welcome
Words of Welcome -Welcome to our Easter Sunday Worship. We will celebrate all that Love has done and remember together that Love, even now, is on the move in the world bringing about redemption and new life. There will be beautiful music, children’s art, the release of the Alleluias and a sermon entitle “Your connection is unstable.” After the service we will have an online Easter egg hunt. You are invited to hide an egg (a real one, a picture of one, a sticker etc.) somewhere where it can be seen in your screen on Sunday.
A google doc of the bulletin is available here.
If joining in worship by Zoom was not an option for you, we invite you to watch and listen to the recording of our service:
In this time when many of us are making changes to accommodate the challenges of working at home and schooling at home, Pastor Stacy invites us to consider created prayer spaces. Prayer spaces are places in our homes where our body learns to quiet down and settle in so that we may be open to divine presence that is present to us. Click through the link below to learn more about this spiritual practice.
As we shared in our notice to the congregation, we’ve made the difficult but faithful decision not to gather in person for the next few weeks, and instead to worship and gather together online and in other ways. While we may not see one another in person for a while, we are powerfully connected by the Spirit, and do not need to feel alone. We are walking this path together, arm-in-arm with one another and always with God.
If there is any sunny side to this street (like the old song says), it may be that we get to explore new ways of being community; staying connected and praying for one another; helping each other and our community; and deepening the spiritual practices in our families and homes. For us to be community in this new way, and make sure none of our members becomes isolated or disconnected, we’ll need everyone’s help trying out these new ways of being church!
We’ll be doing this in many ways, with our live-stream of worship, new web-pages and blog, phone calls, check-ins and more. For those of you who are on Facebook, we have also created a new group, where we can share resources, updates, prayers, and other ways to support one another. If you are a Facebook user, we hope you’ll join by clicking this link:
- UCW Connecting Across Generations Facebook Group
- WellSpring Women’s Group meets via Zoom, tomorrow, Wednesday the 18th at 6:30 p.m. Connection information HERE; Meeting ID: 104 478 188; Password: 000683
Pastoral Care and Connection in these challenging times
- Pastors Amy and Stacy and ministerial intern Jade are here for us and are ready to support us in whatever way they can. Please do not hesitate to reach out. This week Stacy also started a daily 3pm Tea Time with Stacy, and Amy started a weekly Kids Connect & Storytime on Thursdays at 11am.
- Phone Tree and Deacons – In addition, our deacons are ever mindful of the needs of our congregation and are ready to respond as needed. This week we have started a phone tree, pairing members of our congregation together for regular check-ins and to provide assistance with groceries and any other needs that arise.
- Pen-Pals and Buddies – Our kids are eager to connect across generations too! Many have stepped up this week to offer to be pen-pal buddies with others in the congregation, sending art and connecting in other ways. Whether you are 2yrs old or 92yrs old, please let Pastor Amy know if you are willing to be a buddy!
- Social Media – If you are a Facebook user, please continue to check-in on Facebook and join our new Facebook group – UCW Connecting Across Generations Facebook Group
- UCW Small-Group Ministries and Meetings on Zoom – Our small groups continue to gather, including our Bible studies, book group, Well-Spring women’s group and so many more. For a full listing of all the groups gathering each week, and their Zoom links and information, please VISIT THIS PAGE (CLICK HERE).
- Tea Time with Stacy – Stacy invites anyone who would like to drop by via Zoom at 3:00. Bring a poem you are enjoying or a reflection you have and let’s spend a bit of time together. Go Here or visit the online meeting information tab on our homepage of the website.